Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Free Recipe Wednesday! (Mexican Corn Dip)

Over the years I have collected many recipes.  Some are recipes I've found and tried, some are recipes I've found but have yet to try, and some are recipes of dishes that co-workers have brought in to work that I really enjoyed.

With that being said, starting today I will be adding a new feature to my blog which I am calling "Free Recipe Wednesday".  If everything works according to plan I will be posting a new free recipe every Wednesday.  If I happen to have a picture to go along with it I will post that as well.

Today's recipe is a Mexican Corn Dip that I discovered in a community newsletter years ago.  I made this dip for our monthly "food day" where I work and it's been a big hit.  I get requests for this often and it's so simple to make.  This is a great "picnic" or "family reunion" type of dish but is great for all occasions.  Enjoy and please let me know what you think if you make it!

Mexican Corn Dip

  • 36oz corn, drained (about 2 ½ cans of corn)
  • 1 can chopped green chilies
  • 1 or 2 whole jalapenos, seeded and chopped
  • 10 oz Sharp Cheddar (or American) cheese, shredded
  • (NOT the finely shredded stuff)
  • 6 thin green onions, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp cumin
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • ¾ cup REAL mayonnaise
  • Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts (this is from the original recipe – I’ve never tried it)

Combine all ingredients well in a large bowl. The dip is better if chilled overnight or for several hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment