Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Brown Sugar Pork Chops)

Hello everyone and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday! After an unexpected hiatus last week, due to some issues beyond my control, I’m back and I bring you a great recipe to try if you’re still figuring out what to make this upcoming 4th of July holiday. I’m a pretty big fan of pork chops and sweet barbecue so when I found this recipe I knew I needed to try it. These chops are probably the most delicious thing I’ve ever grilled. They are very sweet so if you’re not a fan of sweet barbecue you could try cutting the sugar down. I think the next time I make them I’m going to add some cayenne and other spices to make a sweet heat sauce. Also, if you want your sauce thicker just add a little more cornstarch. Personally I like the thinner sauce because it allows me to baste the chops throughout cooking so it can caramelize on the chops a bit and not be super thick. Give this a try for your 4th of July cookout and let me know in the comments below what your guests, and you, thought about this.

Brown Sugar Pork Chops
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/brown-sugar-pork-chops?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • Apple Juice, as needed for marinade
  • Apple Cider Vinegar, as needed for marinade
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/2 cup Apple Juice
  • 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
  • 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 6 Boneless Pork Chops

1. Poke several holes in your pork chops and add them to a large zip lock bag.
2. Add equal parts apple juice and apple cider vinegar to the zip lock bag; seal and place in the refrigerator for several hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
4. In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper; bring to boil.
5. Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl and then whisk into the brown sugar mixture; stir until thick.
6. Brush the grill grate lightly with oil before placing the pork chops on the grill; cook the chops over hot coals for 4-6 minutes on each side, basting them with the brown sugar sauce as they cook.
7. After removing the chops from the grill, let them rest under foil for about 10 minutes before serving; serve with the remaining sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment