Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Slow Cooker French Dip)

Happy Wednesday friends and food lovers. Welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday! Growing up my grandmother used to take me to a little restaurant called The Black Kettle where I first tried, and fell in love with, French Dip. Since then I’ve tried plenty of good French Dips at other restaurants but none of them were quite as good as what I used to get at The Black Kettle. Well today I bring you a recipe for a delicious and simple Slow Cooker French Dip that I believe is as close as I could possibly get to what I remember from my childhood. If you’ve never had French Dip but have wanted to try it then I highly recommend you give this recipe a try. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Feel free to leave comments below with your thoughts and ideas and be sure to check back Friday for another Gluten Free Friday recipe.

Slow Cooker French Dip
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/slow-cooker-french-dip?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 4 lb Chuck Roast
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell’s Beef Consomme
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can Condensed French Onion Soup
  • 1 (12 oz) Beer
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 6 French Rolls
  • 2 Tbsp butter

1. Trim any excess fat from your roast and then sprinkle generously with garlic powder and onion powder; place the roast in the slow cooker.
2. Add the beef consomme, onion soup, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic to the slow cooker.
3. Set the slow cooker on LOW and cook for 7 hours.
4. Remove the roast from the slow cooker, slice it as thinly as possibly then return the meat to the slow cooker for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
5. When the meat is about ready, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
6. Split French rolls, spread with butter, and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder.
7. Bake French rolls for 10 minutes, or until heated through and lightly toasted.
8. Place sliced beef onto each roll and top with provolone cheese. (Optional – place under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.)
9. Serve the sauce from the slow cooker for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment