Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Jalapeno Popper Dip)

Hello once again food fanatics and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a delicious, hot, cheesy Jalapeno Popper Dip that I just know you’ll love. I’m a pretty big fan of food with a little heat and I love jalapeno poppers so of course when I found this recipe I had to make it. It’s been a long while but I remember making this once for my co-workers on one of our monthly “food days” to celebrate birthdays in that month and it was a huge hit. Unlike most of the other recipes I post on here, there’s really nothing I can think of (right now) that I would do differently to this recipe. This is definitely a crowd pleaser and I highly recommend you give it a try. Drop me a line in the comments below if you think of something that you might do differently. Be sure to check back Friday for another Gluten Free Friday recipe and don’t forget to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already. Also, I will be on vacation next week so there will be no recipes posted next week.

Jalapeno Popper Dip
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/jalapeno-popper-dip?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 2 pkgs (8oz each) Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
  • 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided in half
  • 1 can (4oz) Chopped Green Chilies
  • 1 can (4oz) Diced Jalapenos
  • 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 stick Butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, half the Parmesan, the green chilies (do not drain), and the diced jalapenos (do not drain); stir well to combine and then transfer to a greased 8x8 (2qt) baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl add the bread crumbs and remaining half of the Parmesan cheese and mix well to combine; pour the melted butter over the crumb mixture and mix well.
4. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top of the dip.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the top is browned and the sides are bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment