Friday, April 18, 2014

Gluten Free Friday! (GF Magic Cookie Bars)

Hello again everyone. The end of the week is finally here so that means it’s time for another Gluten Free Friday. As you might have noticed from the blog, I really don’t do desserts much. I don’t typically make desserts and I usually only eat sweets over the holidays when family makes them. However, Magic Cookie Bars are probably one of my favorite sweets to eat and today I bring you a delicious gluten free version of Magic Cookie Bars. The base of these cookie bars is basically the flourless peanut butter cookies, which I posted a recipe for on the blog previous, and I really think this is an ingenious idea. I wish I could say I came up with this on my own but unfortunately I did not. Regardless, these are so good that I just had to share. They’re very very rich so if you don’t like rich desserts you could always use half sunbutter (Sunflower Butter) and half peanut butter. Give these a try and of course drop a line in the comments below to let me know what you think. In case you didn’t see my Yummy Recipe Wednesday post this week, I will be on vacation next week so there will be no recipes next week. Of course I only do Gluten Free Friday every other week so these will still be on schedule when I get back. Everyone have a great week.

GF Magic Cookie Bars
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/gf-magic-cookie-bars?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 2 cups White Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 cups Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
  • 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
  • 1/2 cup Chopped Raw Pecans
  • 1/2 cup Chopped Raw Almonds
  • 1 cup Flaked Coconut
  • 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); line a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Mix the sugar and eggs together in a bowl until smooth then stir in the peanut butter until well blended; pour the peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the cookie base is partly cooked, 8-10 minutes.
4. Layer the semisweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, pecans, almonds, and coconut onto the cookie base; slowly pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the toppings.
5. Return to the oven and bake until coconut is slightly brown, about 30 minutes.

6. Cool completely before removing the cookie bars from pan; peel away the parchment paper and cut into small squares using a sharp knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment