Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff)

Happy Wednesday everyone! Welcome to another edition of Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a recipe that is so easy to make and utilizes one of my favorite cooking tools, the slow cooker. When I found this recipe I didn’t believe that something this easy could be very tasty but I gave it a try anyway and I’m glad I did. This dish is so delicious that your friends and family won’t believe that there are only 6 ingredients, give or take depending on whether or not you add anything extra. Personally I like to include a little broccoli to add a little color to the dish, plus I like the taste of broccoli and it works well in this dish. Mushrooms would be a great addition to this recipe as well. Also, I know it doesn’t seem like 1/8 c of margarine by itself with the chicken in the slow cooker would be enough but it is. However, the sauce is a bit on the thick side in the end so you could add 1/2 c of white wine or 1/2 c of chicken stock in the beginning when cooking the chicken. Give this a try and please let me know in the comments below what you thought and what variations, if any, that you made to the recipe.  Be sure to come back Friday for another Gluten Free Friday recipe.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/slow-cooker-chicken-stroganoff?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed
  • 1/8 cup Margarine
  • 1 (.7 oz) package Dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix
  • 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 (12oz) package Extra Wide Egg Noodles

1. Add the chicken, margarine, and dressing mix into your slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Add the cream cheese and soup to the slow cooker; mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through.
3. Serve over cooked egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment