Friday, January 24, 2014

Gluten Free Friday (Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies)

Hello again everyone and Happy Friday. Welcome to another Gluten Free Friday recipe post. Today I bring you a gluten free cookie recipe that is so simple to make and so delicious that you can hardly believe there’s no flour in them. My wife made these a couple of nights ago and I was skeptical about how they were going to turn out but I have to say these are some of the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever tasted. They’re rich in peanut butter flavor and they are so soft and chewy. I added a couple of optional ingredients to the list below. My wife actually added the 1 tsp of Vanilla when she made them and next time we make them we’re going to incorporate chocolate chips into the mix. There’s really a lot of things you can add to these to change it up a bit. I saw online the other day where someone had made these somewhat thin and then after they cooled they sandwiched jelly between two cookies. So give these a try and let me know in the comments below what you thought of them and what variations, if any, that you made.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup White Sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
  • Chocolate Chips (optional)

NOTE: Recipe makes about 6-7 cookies, double ingredients if desired.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Combine ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet; flatten with a fork, making a crisscross pattern, then sprinkle a little sugar on top.
3. Bake for 8 minutes; let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment