Monday, March 25, 2013

Quick Dinner Ideas!

Welcome to my newest semi-regular feature, Quick Dinner Ideas. I say semi-regular because I'm not sure how often I'll have new ideas but I'm going to try to post a new idea every couple of weeks. I like to cook awesome meals just as much as the next person but unfortunately it's not always possible when plans and such get in the way. Hopefully you'll enjoy my quick dinner ideas and who knows, it may even inspire you to come up with your own and please feel free to share if you do.

Today's Quick Dinner Idea is an adult version of the classic Mac-N-Cheese with cut up Hot Dogs. My wife and I make this every couple of weeks and not only does it taste awesome, it only takes about 15 minutes to make. The things you'll need are Bear Creek Creamy Cheddar Pasta (shown to the right - feel free to try something else if you can't find this at your store), Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage (also shown to the right - again, feel free to use whatever you like here), and seasonings. Personally, I season the heck out of the pasta with Garlic Powder and Onion Powder but you could easily use any number of seasonings. Maybe you want it a little more Italian so you add some Oregano, Parsley, seasonings like that to the pasta and use an Italian Sausage. Maybe spicy is your thing so you add some Cayenne Pepper and/or Red Pepper Flakes to the pasta and use a spicy sausage.

So here's the best part about this meal, besides the taste .... how quick it is to make. Prepare the pasta according to the package (for the Bear Creek pasta that we use you just add the contents of the package to boiling water and simmer for 12-15 minutes). Cut up the sausage while the pasta is cooking and saute them in a little butter until they're nice and crispy (or however done you like them). When the pasta is done just season with your favorite seasonings, add the sausage, and dinner is served.

Quick... Easy... Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment