Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Bacon Wrapped Peanut Butter Jalapenos)

Welcome friends and food lovers to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a simple, slightly out of the ordinary, but extremely delicious recipe. If you’ve followed my blog awhile you may remember back in September 2013 I posted a recipe for Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos which were stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon then grilled or smoked. Well recently I discovered this recipe for a version that’s stuffed with peanut butter instead of cream cheese. At first I wasn’t sure if they were going to be any good but I decided while doing a batch of the cream cheese stuffed jalapenos that I’d prepare a few of these peanut butter ones as well. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good they are as were my guests who couldn’t decide if they liked the peanut butter stuffed ones or the cream cheese stuff ones more. I definitely recommend giving these a try next time you’ve got friends and family over for a barbecue or other gathering. They’re just as good baked in the oven as they are grilled or smoked. As always, feel free to leave comments below and be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already so you don’t miss any new recipe posts.

Bacon Wrapped Peanut Butter Jalapenos
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/bacon-wrapped-peanut-butter-jalapenos?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 8 Jalapeno Peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
  • 8 slices Bacon, cut in half

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Fill each jalapeno half with peanut butter then wrap the jalapeno with half a slice of bacon securing it with a toothpick; arrange the wrapped jalapenos on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the jalapenos in the preheated oven until the bacon is dark brown, about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment