Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Free Recipe Wednesday! (Baked Sour Cream Parmesan Fish)

Welcome again everyone to my blog and another edition of Free Recipe Wednesday. Per my mother's request, today's recipe is a somewhat healthy recipe. Baked fish with a creamy crunchy coating that uses reduced fat sour cream and panko bread crumbs sure sounds healthy to me. This recipe came from one of the many food sites I visit and is an adaptation of a recipe from the October 2001 edition of Southern Living. Personally, I don't eat a lot of fish because my wife isn't a huge fan but this actually sounds pretty good and I bet she'd like it to. I guess I'll have to find out. Enjoy this recipe and as always post comments letting me know what you think about this dish if you make it.

Baked Sour Cream Parmesan Fish

  • 4 Tilapia Fillets
  • 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
  • 3 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
  • 1 Tablespoon Panko Bread Crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. 
2. Rinse the fillets and pat dry; place fillets in prepared baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, parmesan, paprika, salt, and pepper until well blended. 

4. Spread the mixture evenly over each piece of fish. 
5. In another bowl, combine the two bread crumbs and sprinkle them evenly over each piece of fish.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.



No comments:

Post a Comment