Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Free Recipe Wednesday! (Paula Deen's Frito and Corn Salad)

Hello again y'all (that's how Paula Deen says it right?) and welcome to another Free Recipe Wednesday. Now personally I'm not a huge Paula Deen fan but I have watched her show a few times and she does make some delicious looking food. I found today's recipe shared on Facebook (let's be honest, most of the good stuff I find is from Facebook) and I've had a similar version of this before and it looks so easy to make so I thought I would share this one. I know this recipe has the word "salad" in it but let's be realistic here .... it's a Paula Deen recipe so how healthy can it be?! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments. The next time I make this I think I'm going to add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and maybe a minced jalapeno for a little extra kick. I haven't eaten lunch yet and my stomach is growling just thinking about this recipe so lets get on with it. As always feel free to post comments with suggestions, opinions, and ideas.

UPDATE: The other night my sister made the Crispy Cheddar Chicken that I shared (2 posts down) and she said the family absolutely loved it. I haven't gotten to try it yet but it's at the top of my list. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

Paula Deen Frito and Corn Salad

  • 2 (15 ounce) cans Whole Kernel Corn, drained
  • 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese (or experiment)
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper, chopped
  • ½ cup Red Onion, chopped
  • 1 (10½ ounce) bag Coarsely Crushed Fritos Chili Cheese Corn Chips

1. Combine first 5 ingredients. 
2. Stir in corn chips just before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment