Thursday, May 16, 2013

Free Recipe ...Thursday? (Ground Beef Sandwich Casserole)

Welcome everyone to another edition of Free Recipe Wednesday ... Thursday!  I'm sure everyone was wondering where the heck their Free Recipe Wednesday was yesterday and I apologize for not getting that done.  I got my new Tablet (first one ever) yesterday so I was mostly playing around with that all day and Free Recipe Wednesday completely skipped my mind.

So today I bring you a delicious looking dish.  It's certainly on my list of things to make but I think it's very possible that my sister will probably get a chance to try this one before me.  I don't remember where I found this recipe but I'm sure it was shared on Facebook, one of the many blogs I follow, or in a magazine somewhere.  I do remember the description saying that this is very rich and very filling.  Give this a try and let me know in the comments (or on Facebook) what you think.

Ground Beef Sandwich Casserole

  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 tsp Onion Powder
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 2 tsp Oregano
  • 10 slices Bread, cut in half
  • 1 carton Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Creme, Herb and Garlic
  • 3 cups Shredded Cheese, mozzarella or whatever is on hand
  • 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese 

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In a frying pan (or sauce pan) combine ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano; cook until beef is done. 
3.  Toast all of the bread in the oven, at 350 degrees, until toasty but not burnt. 
4.  Place 10 bread halves (5x2) in the bottom of a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5.  Cover the bread halves with the entire container of cooking creme. 
6.  Top with all of the ground beef, then 1 cup of shredded cheese, then the entire jar of spaghetti sauce, then another 1 cup of shredded cheese, and finally top with the remaining slices of bread.
7.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
8.  Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese and the Parmesan cheese on top then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
9.  Let sit 5 minutes before cutting and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment