Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Free Recipe Wednesday! (Apple Snickers Salad)

It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for another Free Recipe Wednesday! I hope everyone had a good Easter Sunday this past weekend and enjoyed as much delicious food as your stomach would allow.  We had a deep-fried turkey, ham, homemade sausage, deviled eggs, a large variety of salads (both veggie and pasta style), and several desserts so it's safe to say I was pretty stuffed when we left the relatives house.  Today's recipe, Apple Snickers Salad, is actually one of the desserts we had while we were at the in-laws on Sunday.  I feel like I had eaten this dessert salad once before somewhere but I still can't figure out where.  All I know for sure is that it's delicious and super easy to make so I wanted to feature it on my blog this week. I forgot to get the recipe from the person that made it before we left so I decided to Google it and found the recipe on the Taste of Home website.  I hope everyone enjoys this recipe and as always feel free to post comments below.

Apple Snickers Salad

  • 1 1/2 cups Cold 2% Milk
  • 1 pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
  • 1 (8oz) container Whipped Topping, thawed
  • 4 Large Apples, chopped into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
  • 4 Snickers Candy Bars, cut into bite-size pieces

1. In a large bowl whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. 
2. Fold in whipped topping, then fold in apples and candy bars.
3. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment