Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Catalina Tortilla Salad)

Hello friends and food lovers. Welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a delicious spin on Taco Salad that is actually meatless, but can easily be made with meat if desired. I usually make this salad with no meat if I’m bringing it as a side dish to a potluck and if I’m having it at home I’ll usually add ground beef or chicken, which are both amazing in this salad. Now, if you’re wondering to yourself “what exactly is Catalina dressing?” I can help with that …. sort of. All I can really tell you is that Catalina dressing is very very similar to French dressing but is a darker red color and is slightly sweeter than French dressing. Also, I can only find Catalina dressing in Kraft brand here and I’m starting to believe that it’s something that Kraft came up with but I can’t find anything online confirming or denying that. Anyway, this recipe is pretty straight forward so there's really no advice or clarification needed. Give it a try at your next family gathering or the next time you’re craving a Taco Salad but want something different. I promise you won’t be disappointed. As always, feel free to leave comments below and be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter, if you aren’t already, so you don’t miss a single new post.

Catalina Tortilla Salad
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/catalina-tortilla-salad?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 1 head Lettuce, chopped
  • 2 cans Chili Beans, drained
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes, drained
  • 1 pkg (2 cups) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 can Black Olives (optional)
  • 1 bag Tortilla Chips (Plain or Doritos), crushed
  • About 1/2 bottle Catalina Dressing, to taste

1. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, cheese, black olives (if using), and crushed tortilla chips; toss well to combine.
2. Just before serving pour in approximately 1/2 bottle of Catalina salad dressing, more or less to your taste, and toss well to coat everything in dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment