Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Butter Baked Chicken)

Hello again friends and food lovers. I know it has been a little while since my last recipe post but I’m running a one-man show here and things have been hectic lately. Hopefully I will be able to get back to regular postings soon since the upcoming holidays bring lots of good recipes.

So today I bring you a recipe that I know you’re going to absolutely love, especially if you’re the type of person that hates dry chicken or you have a picky eater in the house that doesn’t like chicken. This butter chicken is so moist and so flavorful that you would have to be crazy to not like it. I have modified this recipe a little from the original but it was most needed. The original recipe only used cracker crumbs and garlic salt. I personally like to control my garlic and salt separately so I switched the recipe from garlic salt to garlic powder and added salt as a separate ingredient. I also added the Italian or Ranch seasoning and Parmesan cheese for some much needed extra flavor. Lastly, I added the chopped garlic cloves as an optional item. I’ve made it both ways and it’s great with or without the chopped garlic but if you’re a garlic lover like me then I highly recommend adding the chopped garlic in your dish. Give this a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. As always, be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already so you don’t miss any new recipe posts.

Butter Baked Chicken
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/butter-baked-chicken?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup Crushed Ritz Crackers
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 2 tsp Dry Italian or Ranch Seasoning
  • 2 tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt, to taste
  • Ground Black Pepper, to taste
  • 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
  • 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter pieces
  • 3 Garlic Cloves, coarsely chopped (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl; in a separate shallow bowl combine the cracker crumbs, garlic powder, Italian or ranch seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
3. Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs then dredge it in the crumb mixture to coat.
4. Arrange the coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish; place pieces of butter and garlic (if using) in the spaces around the chicken.
5. Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning the chicken over once during cooking; the internal temperature of the chicken should read 165 degrees on a meat thermometer when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment