Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Bang Bang Chicken)

Hello again friendly food fanatics and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I’m going a little Asian-inspired with a dish that’s so amazing you’ve just got to try it. I came across this Bang Bang Chicken recipe recently and when I saw the pictures I just knew I had to try it and once I did I wished I had doubled the recipe. It was just that good. On a side note, for those that have had Bang Bang Chicken from The Cheesecake Factory, this is not the same thing. Their Bang Bang Chicken is a Thai dish with curry, peanut, and other Thai flavors while this is more like a Chinese dish with crispy chicken and sauce. I definitely recommend that you use the Panko bread crumbs that this recipe calls for. You can find Panko in the Asian section of your local grocery store. Panko is a lighter breading, tastes better, and requires less oil to fry in than normal bread crumbs or chicken breading so it’s even a bit healthier for you. Words really can’t describe how good this dish is so I don’t think I’m even going to try. I think the pictures do a better job than words can and my mouth is watering just looking at these pictures while I post this. Give this recipe a try for yourself and let me know in the comments below what you thought. As always, be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already so you don’t miss a single new post.

Bang Bang Chicken

For The Chicken
  • 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil, as needed
  • 1 cup Buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Cornstarch
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1 Tbsp Hot Sauce
  • Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
  • 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
  • 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs

For The Sauce
  • 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 2 tsp Frank's Hot Sauce

1. To make the sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey and Frank's Hot Sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. One at a time, dip the chicken into the buttermilk mixture and then dredge in the Panko bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
5. In batches, add the chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Serve hot chicken immediately, drizzled with the sweet chili mayo sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment