Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Hot Dog Fried Rice)

Hello again everyone and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a somewhat interesting recipe that, believe it or not, comes from Katie Lee of the show “The Kitchen” on Food Network. At first when I saw this recipe I thought, “Hot dogs in fried rice? Are you serious?” There are so many different, better, proteins that you could use in fried rice instead. However, I am a bit adventurous and I figured if it’s on Food Network it can’t be all that bad. This actually works and tastes pretty dang good. Of course I’m not saying that I would choose hot dog if I had both hot dog and chicken in the house but in a pinch, this works and turns out very nice plus I could see this as a great way to get your kids to eat fried rice. The egg on top is a nice touch with this dish also. I usually make fried rice the traditional way where you scramble the egg into the fried rice but I think I might start serving an egg of top of mine from now on. Give this recipe a try and let me know in the comments below what you think about hot dogs in fried rice. As always, be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already so you don’t miss a single new post.

Hot Dog Fried Rice
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/hot-dog-fried-rice?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 2 cups Broccoli Florets
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 1 Onion, halved and thinly sliced
  • 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
  • 2 cloves Garlic, grated
  • 3 cups Cooked Brown Rice
  • 1 cup Diced Hot Dogs
  • 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 2 Scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
  • 4 Fried Eggs, for serving
  • Chopped Fresh Cilantro, for serving
  • Sriracha Sauce, for serving

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil; prepare an ice water bath in a medium bowl.
2. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water, then immediately transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and onions and saute until the onions are translucent and tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the ginger and garlic and quickly stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the rice, hot dogs and broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil and scallions.
7. Serve topped with fried eggs, cilantro and Sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment