Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Doritos Pork Chops)

Hello again everyone and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Today I bring you a recipe I came up with a couple of weeks ago to make delicious, moist pork chops. I don’t eat pork chops very often but recently I had some pork chops and I wanted to come up with a new delicious way to make them. It seems that meat is being breaded with all sort of different things these days so I figured why not Doritos chips. I decided to go with a combination of Cool Ranch and Spicy Nacho Cheese chips because they both offer different flavors that I figured would be good together. I found that you really don’t get any spiciness from the Spicy Nacho Cheese chips so I’ve changed the recipe to just regular Nacho Cheese chips. I was very happy with how the flavor turned out on these and how moist the pork was. They were definitely a big hit with my wife and house guests and it’s certainly something I’m going to add to my rotation of recipes. Give these a try and post comments below with your thoughts, suggestions, etc. Also, every Yummy Recipe Wednesday the rest of this month I will be posting a pumpkin themed recipe to celebrate the fall season as well as Halloween so be sure to come back each week. As always, don’t forget to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter if you aren’t already so you don’t miss a single posting.

Doritos Pork Chops
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/doritos-pork-chops?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 1/2 bag (5.5 oz) Cool Ranch Doritos, crushed
  • 1/2 bag (5.5 oz) Nacho Cheese Doritos, crushed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
  • 6 (3/4 inch) pork chops
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit; pierce the pork chops several times on each side with a fork and set aside.
2. Spread the crushed chips out in the bottom of a shallow dish.
3. Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish and tilt in all directions to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
5. Dip the pork chops in the egg wash and then transfer to the crushed chips; cover both sides with chips, pressing them into the meat and then place in the casserole dish.
6. After all pork chops have been coated and placed in the casserole dish, season the tops generously with the garlic powder and onion powder.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes
8. Flip the pork chops over, season the other side with garlic powder and onion powder then cook an additional 10 minutes; internal temperature should read 145-160** degrees when finished.

**Old USDA guidelines said to cook pork to 160 degrees but this was officially modified to 145 degrees in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be trying these tonight I'll post a pic and how they are after dinner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making them tonight whoo hoo

    ReplyDelete