Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yummy Recipe Wednesday! (Cucumber Onion Salad)

Hello again everyone and welcome to another Yummy Recipe Wednesday. Apparently this year has been a good year for cucumbers so I’ve been acquiring a lot of the extra cucumbers that friends and family have been giving away. I’ve been making this cucumber salad recipe quite a bit this summer and thought that I’d share for those of you that may have extra cucumbers and don’t quite know what to do with them. I’ve had variations of this recipe that other people have made but I think this is the best one I’ve had so far. It’s super easy to make and is great by itself or as a side dish. This would be a great salad to make this Labor Day if you’re planning on having friends and family over for a barbecue. Just to clear up any confusion, the recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon of salt, it’s not a typo. I know it seems like a lot but trust me, it’s not. Give this a try and if you love cucumbers as much as I do you’ll be making this again and again. As always, feel free to leave comments below and be sure to follow @RecipeBlogger on Twitter so you don’t miss a single post.

Cucumber Onion Salad
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/cucumber-onion-salad?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 4 Cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 Onion, slivered
  • 1 1/2 cups White Vinegar
  • 4 cups Water
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Salt

1. In a large bowl combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt; stir well to dissolve the sugar and salt then set aside while you slice your cucumbers and onion.
2. Add the sliced cucumbers and onions to the vinegar mixture and stir well to combine.
3. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. (Taste best when left overnight)

No comments:

Post a Comment