Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Free Recipe Wednesday! (Tater Tot Casserole)

Hello again friends and food lovers. Welcome to another wonderful Free Recipe Wednesday. We’re half way through the work week and that means we’re just 8 days away from Thanksgiving….and 35 days away from Christmas if you’re keeping track. I’m sure everyone is looking forward to all of the delicious food on both holidays. Today’s recipe isn’t necessarily something you’d fix for the holidays but it’s a delicious family recipe that kids love. I recall my mom making Tater Tot Casserole many many times when I was a kid and I remember how much I looked forward to having it. Now if I could just remember to ask her for the recipe for the Corn Fritters she used to make. Anyway, the recipe below came from Campbell’s Kitchen so I don’t know if it’s exactly like the way my mom made it but it sure tastes just like I remember. The only thing this recipe needs is a nice layer of cheese on top. You could also throw in a bag of frozen mixed veggies if you wanted to add a bit of nutrition to the dish but it’s really good just the way it is. Give it a try and let me know in the comments if you have any ideas for other variations to the dish.

Tater Tot Casserole
https://sites.google.com/site/bbqmore2/tater-tot-casserole?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 Medium Onion, chopped
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1 Tbsp Ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 3 cups Frozen Tater Tots

1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees. 
2. Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring to break up the meat; drain and return the beef to the pan. 
3. Add the soup, ketchup and Worcestershire to the skillet and stir well. 
4. Spoon the beef mixture into a 12x8-inch shallow baking dish; arrange the tater tots all over the top of the casserole.
5. Bake the casserole for 25 minutes or until the tater tots are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment